Coulsdon & Purley badminton club has been operating for over 70 years and has more than 200 members of all ages playing at all levels.
- Players have made their way through junior and senior grades to find fame playing at county level for Surrey and at national level for England.
- We have a purpose built badminton hall of County standard with 3 courts, high quality lighting and a brand new sprung wooden floor. The hall has a partitioned viewing area allowing an unrestricted view of all courts. The club uses feather shuttles for adult grades at all times.
- There is graded club play run over 5 evenings a week throughout the whole year and we use a peg board system to select games.
- All grades of the club run mens, ladies, and mixed teams in either the Surrey County and local badminton leagues with at least one team of each discipline in each grade. There is an opportunity for most players to participate in league matches.
- The club holds its own Summer and Winter tournaments at the end of each respective season.
- Courts are available for hire by members and non-members or Corporate clients subject to court availability.
- During the Winter season, the courts are used for matches at weekends and /or hired out.
- We have a large junior section with tuition from Badminton England qualified coaches. This takes juniors from 8 years and upwards and is held on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
Venue: Thornton Heath Leisure Centre
Time: Sundays 11:00-13:00 (1 hour coached, 1 hour play)
Contact: Rees Sadasivan email@example.com Tel: 07521 924267
There are 5 club sessions per week, plus an extra pay as you go session for beginners on Saturday.
Grade 1 - Top class County League
Tuesday 19:00 - 22:30
Grade 2 - Good class County League
Wednesday 19:00 - 22:30
Grade 3 - County & Local League
Thursday 19:00 - 22:30
Grade 4 - County & Local League
Monday 19:00 - 22:30
Grade 5 - Friendly/Social Local League
Friday 19:00 - 22:30
Grade 5a - Friendly/Social Beginner & Training
Saturday 17:00 - 19:00
There are 5 junior sessions of varying ability for those age under 18.
J1 - Top Juniors
Sunday 10:00 - 13:00
J2 - Better Juniors
Saturday 13:00 - 15:00
J3 - Juniors
Saturday 11:00 - 13:00
J4 - Juniors
Saturday 09:00 - 11:00
J5 - Juionrs, beginners (8+)
Saturday 09:00 - 10:00