There are 5 club sessions per week, plus an extra pay as you go session for beginners & improvers on Saturday.
Grade 1 - Top class County League
Tuesday 19:00 - 22:30
Grade 2 - Good class County League
Wednesday 19:00 - 22:30
Grade 3 - County & Local League
Thursday 19:00 - 22:30
Grade 4 - County & Local League
Monday 19:00 - 22:30
Grade 5 - Friendly/Social Local League
Friday 19:00 - 22:30
Grade 5a - Friendly/Social Improvers & Training
Saturday 17:00 - 19:00
There are 4 junior sessions of varying ability for those age under 19. There is current a waiting list for new junior members to join.
J1 - Top Juniors
Sunday 10:00 - 13:00
J2 - Better Juniors
Saturday 13:00 - 15:00
J3 - Juniors
Saturday 11:00 - 13:00
J4 - Juniors
Saturday 09:00 - 11:00
Coulsdon & Purley Badminton Club has been operating for over 70 years and currently has more than 200 members of all ages and standards, playing at all levels.
- Players have made their way through junior and senior grades to find fame playing at county level for Surrey and at national level for England.
- We have a purpose-built badminton hall of County standard with 3 courts, high quality lighting and a sprung wooden floor. The hall has a partitioned viewing area allowing an unrestricted view of all courts. The club uses feather shuttles for adult grades at all times.
- There is graded club play run over 5 evenings a week throughout the whole year and we use a peg board system to select games.
- Most club grades run men's, ladies, and mixed teams for those who are interested, in either the Surrey County and local badminton leagues. There is an opportunity for the majority of players to participate in league matches.
- The club holds its own internal annual tournament from the New Year onwards, with a final's day in May.
- Courts are available for hire by S.C.S.C. members at a discounted rate and non-members or Corporate clients subject to current rates and court availability.
- During the Winter season, the courts are used for league matches at weekends and /or available for hire.
- We have a large junior section and provide tuition from Badminton England qualified, registered and D.B.S. checked coaches. We take juniors from 6 years and upwards, Junior sessions are held on Saturdays and Sundays. We may operate a waiting list for juniors sessions when demand dictates.
- South Croydon Sports Club membership is included as part of all Badminton Club memberships.
Membership and court hire
Prospective members must be invited to come along to appropriate club sessions, where they will be introduced to members and the Grade Session Representative. You may come to three sessions before deciding whether to join. A new member has to be considered to be of suitable standard before being accepted into a grade.
As a prospective new member, you may attend club sessions, subject to permission of the Grade Session Representative. The club has an online booking system enabling the easy booking of courts. To see the membership and court hire options available, visit the Membership & Court Hire page.
For further information on joining the club, contact the club office on 020 8688 1782 or email@example.com.